Cold winds and harsh winter weather can play havoc with our delicate skin, causing dryness and cracking.
Here are our top natural skincare tips to soothe dry skin this winter:
1. Use coconut oil as a moisturising cream. For chapped heels and hands, apply the oil and then apply socks or gloves overnight.
2. Wash hands and face in luke warm water only. Hot water leads to increased dryness.
3. Make an oatmeal hydrating mask - mix two tablespoons of oats with one tablespoon of honey and a splash of water. Apply to the face and leave for 15-20 minutes before washing off.
4. Use a piece of fresh aloe vera to alleviate redness and irritation related to excess dryness.
5. Use raw honey (ideally Manuka honey) as a spot treatment for patches of dry, irritated skin.
6. Stick to natural soaps that do not contain harsh fragrances or chemicals that can be harmful to skin.
7. Avoid extra hot showers and baths and limit overall bathing time to between five and ten minutes.
8. Drink plenty of water to keep skin hydrated
9. Protect skin from cold weather with warm clothing made from natural fibres such as gloves, hats and scarves.
10. Apply a good quality, natural moisturiser regularly
Look for moisturisers and body lotions that are free from palm oil, SLS and parabens.
For more information and advice about winter skincare visit our Perth Eco and Garden Store in Vic Park to check out our range of natural skincare products and moisturisers.