A huge thank you to our friends down the road at Social Manna - @SocialMannaVicPark - for this month's seasonal (and Christmassy) recipe! 😊
Social Manna's talented Head Chef, Tristan, sent us this delicious recipe - try it for yourself and let us know what you think!
Stuffed Capsicum With Tomato And Rice
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hr
3 red capsicum
3 green capsicum
1 and 1/4 cup medium grain rice
2TB olive oil
1 onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
400g chopped tomato
1/4 cup toasted pine nut
1TB mint chopped
1TB Italian parsley chopped
1TB chives chopped
6 bocconcini cut in 1/2
[optional] 1/4 cup grated pecorino or parmesan
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Cut tops off capsicum and keep to the side. Scoop out seeds and white membrane and throw away (compost!). Cook capsicums in boiling salted water for 10 min. Take out and let drain.
- Boil rice in boiling salted water until tender, about 10 min or until cooked. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Cook your onions and garlic until soft. Add your tomatoes and cook for another 10 min.
- Add the rice and mix through, then add pine nuts and herbs. Optional: add grated cheese. Alternatively, add nutritional yeast or another dairy-free alternative.
- Divide your mix evenly amongst the capsicums, place 2 slices of bocconcini on top of each capsicum.
- Put the capsicum lid back on. Bake at 180 degrees for about 35 min or until rice is warm and capsicum is tender.