Cooking time: 30 minutes
Enjoy this delicious and simple side-dish recipe!
- 2 large bulbs of fennel
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- [optional] 1/4 parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius
- Remove stalks from the fennel bulbs. Cut each bulb in half lengthwise and then into 1 inch thick slices. Arrange fennel slices on a baking tray (perhaps with a sustainable or re-usable baking paper alternative) so that they do not overlap.
- In a bowl combine the olive oil and minced garlic. Brush (or toss) over the sliced fennel.
- Sprinkle the thyme, salt and pepper over the top of the fennel.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. If using parmasan, sprinkle on after the 20 minutes and bake for another 10 minutes.
- After 30 minutes the fennel should be tender and caramelised on the edges.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
Recipe and photos from Every Last Bite