Bokashi One Composting is practical, simple and easy to use. It's good for your garden, and it's the right thing to do! The Bokashi One bucket reduces the need for an outdoor compost pile and is easier to maintain than a worm farm.
Bokashi Starter Kit Includes...
- two Bokashi One buckets
- airtight lids, separator grates and taps
- two bags of inoculated Bokashi One Mix
- full instructions
What is Bokashi One Composting?
Bokashi One Composting is an eco-friendly, convenient and hygienic composting system designed to be used in the kitchen. It utilises food waste to produce a nourishing compost and rich juice which inject life and vitality into your garden.
What Can be Composted in the Bokashi One System?
all food waste, including meat, fish, dairy, citrus, onions, egg shells and cooked, raw and processed foods.
How does Bokashi Composting Work?
Unlike traditional composting, Bokashi One is a fermentation process. Bokashi One Mix contains wheat bran and rice husks inoculated with beneficial microbes. In anaerobic conditions (created in the Bokashi One Bucket simply by closing the airtight lid), these microbes break down food waste and create Bokashi juice. Both the fermented food waste and Bokashi juice add nutrients and life to your soil, for strong, healthy, nutrient-dense plants.
The airtight lid and tap make this system odour-free and suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
- add a thin layer of food scraps (2-3cm) to the bucket and press down to remove air gaps
- sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of Bokashi One Mix over the compressed food scraps
- continue until the bucket is full
- leave undisturbed for 2-3 weeks for full fermentation
- bury fermented food waste in your garden or add it to your compost bin
- while bucket is filling, draw off Bokashi juice, dilute, and add to your garden
Why Have Two Bokashi Buckets?
Two Bokashi One Buckets means Convenience!
It's important to let the fermentation process finish completely before food waste is buried. Longer fermentation leads to a quicker breakdown of the waste once in the soil, and more wonderful Bokashi juice is produced.
A second bucket gives you somewhere to put your food waste while fermentation finishes off in the first bucket. With a two-bucket system you can bury the fermented food waste from one at any time before the other bucket is full. With only one bucket, once full the waste needs to be buried immediately to continue to use the system.
Only want one? Try the single bucket for just $89.95
- 410mm high x 310mm wide x 300mm deep
- volume 20L, holds approximately 19L food waste