- Blade length - 18cm
- Carbon steel blade - Anti-corrosion coating guaranteeing both excellent cutting quality and protection against corrosion.
- Saw blade - Two rows of razor-sharp teeth turned towards the handle. Effortless cutting achieved simply by pulling.
- Handle - Beech is the most commonly used wood for the manufacture of Opinel handles. From France, the beech is hard, durable and easy to work. With a homogeneous appearance, its light colour varies from yellow to pink. It is characterized by the presence of numerous small dark dashes.
- Safety Ring - Invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955, the Virobloc safety ring is fitted to all folding knives. Cut out of stainless steel, the Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding. In addition to locking the blade open (safety in use), it is now possible to lock the blade closed (safety in transport).
- Fitted with a safety hook.
In 1890 Joseph Opinel designed his first pocket knife in Savoie (French Alps), he created a tool that was as robust and functional as it was simple and beautiful. Today, that same pocket knife is an iconic design object : instantly recognizable, imminently useful, and beloved by generations. Designed to stand the test of time, Opinel knives and tools are made with Opinel’s original dedication to craftsmanship and quality.