These long lasting hardwood seedling flats are handmade by Liam from Exclusive Concepts. He owns a specialised carpentry, shopfitting and construction company based in Perth, Western Australia.
These seedling boxes are made using marine plywood: untreated and sustainable sourced timber offcuts that would normally have gone to landfill.
Seedling Flat Uses and Benefits
- Sown seeds have enough soil and room to grow to a healthy seedling size ready for direct transplanting.
- The flats enable staggered (succession) planting to eliminate a glut of veggies by planting out from the flat a few seedlings every couple of weeks.
- Flats are a great way to save time, money, and space when getting ready for a new growing season.
- Seedlings are easily portable out of the heat, to follow the sun or out of the cold.
- Perfect for growing micro greens in.
- Handy for travellers in caravans and those on the move.
- They replace the need for plastic seed raising trays and pots.
- They will last for many years and weather gracefully.