These long lasting hardwood Jarrah seedling flats are handmade by the Victoria Park Men's Shed in Perth, Western Australia. Each one is beautiful and unique.
These seedling flats (seedling boxes) are made from reclaimed Jarrah floor boards from a demolished house in the Lathlain area. They are assembled using stainless steel screws and will last for years.
Seedling Flat Uses and Benefits
- Sown seeds have enough soil and room to grow to a healthy seedling size ready for direct transplanting.
- The flats enable staggered (succession) planting to eliminate a glut of veggies by planting out from the flat a few seedlings every couple of weeks.
- Flats are a great way to save time, money, and space when getting ready for a new growing season.
- Seedlings are easily portable out of the heat, to follow the sun or out of the cold.
- Perfect for growing micro greens in.
- Handy for travellers in caravans and those on the move.
- They replace the need for plastic seed raising trays and pots.
- They will last for many years and weather gracefully.