- From a sheet of newspaper tear a 9cm wide strip down the grain of the paper for the small newspaper pot maker or a 13cm wide strip for the large newspaper pot maker.
- Tightly roll on e strip of paper onto the mandrel. Keeping it even with the top of the bottom section of the mandrel (below the handle). Roll on the entire length of the paper strip.
- While holding the rolled on paper in place with one hand. Fold over the end of the newspaper under the mandrel. Fold in the loose end first to prevent the end from unraveling.
- Place the covered mandrel into the socket, press down hard and twist.
- Slide the finished pot off the mandrel and it is ready for use.
- Fill the pot with good potting mix and sow the seed or plant a seedling. When the time comes to plant the seedling, plant it out in the newspaper pot.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.